Having recognized both our shared dream as well as our shared skepticism, we have to have a plan in place—a plan to feed our goals, not our doubts.
Here are 12 Steps we are using to ignite the Principles to define the Journey in this shared area of our lives.
- 1) We find Hope in our common goal. When we admit that we are powerless over our past, we nurture our shared Hope by recognizing that our future together depends on our Unity together.
- 2) We learn to Surrender our individual, “in the moment,” thoughts of insanity. We acknowledge that our shared expressions – combined conscientiousness – is greater than our individual thoughts. As a couple, we are restored to Sanity as we make better decisions together.
- 3) We are accepting a new direction and making a conscious combined decision to turn our fears, our doubts, our over-whelm. Our Acceptance comes from knowing that the only requirement to change our lives is to act differently than how we each think or feel.
- 4) We exercise and employ Honesty by inventorying our respective patterns of behavior. Identifying the choices we each make which affects our lives as a couple and a family.
- 5) We actively share in Open-mindedness with ourselves and each other, nurturing a unified shared consciousness. By intentionally discussing our choices and reminding ourselves of our Unified primary purpose for our life together.
- 6) We help each other see when we are endorsing, financing, or lending ourselves out to others or to ideas that distract us from our future. And encourage each other to be willing to say “No.”
- 7) We encourage each other to have Faith in ourselves, each other, and Life’s purpose. Reminding us to stay focused on our part, both unified and individually. Asking to stay focused on our gains, not our short-comings.
- 8) We learn Tolerance within ourselves and our relationship, having gone through this process and having seen the wrongs we have had in our life thus far. We seek help from those qualified to guide us in amending our wrongs and building our future.
- 9) We practice Patience with our finances and ourselves, as we slowly learn to make decisions that will continue to support our kids’ development and better our circumstances while building our future’s foundation.
- 10) We will continue to inventory our choices and find the Humility to acknowledge when we are veering off our path. Keeping our focus and opinions only on that which affects us individually, together or as a family. Staying out of each other’s controversy or the controversy of others.
- 11) Through continued, outward sharing and inward listening, we will nurture the Unconditional Love we have for ourselves and our future. Asking for steady guidance towards our future and remembering to share without showing off.
- 12) Having reached our shared future’s Awakening, we will strive to Live a life of Altruistic Service. As we share in our travels and live out our days of Liberation.
It’s going to be through watching us, as we go through our Journey and holding us accountable when needed, that we will know that we have fulfilled our shared ambition.
These steps may not be the typical Steps or Action Plan you expect. We will undoubtedly have a more focused plan of paying down our debts. Saving and investing in our future purchases. And writing out the actual guidelines, we will need to use to manage our prospective properties. All of this will come as we inventory, discuss, and seek professional legal and financial counsel.
So often, a well thought out plan fails because we don’t change the core, spiritual patterns and habits of our actions.
My wife and I are just beginning to share a clear image of our future. We are just starting to nurture our Hope for our Life together. As we continue down this journey, we begin with Change. We Begin with Hope.
“Always aspire to inspire before we expire!”
The 2rd re-post from March 2018, a post lost during a site migration.
Update as of 06/05/20 – What are some of the things we have been doing since this original post? Well, with the current status of COVID 19, we have, of course, been set back a bit on our physical/financial ability to move too far forward. But what we can do is continue to stay focused on our dreams. We allow ourselves to talk about our wants and our goals. And actively continue to work on our communication with each other, encouraging us to set our unified intentions. We are actively looking through houses for sale in our idea locations and have an ongoing list of “Liked” houses. We are consistently and consciously clarifying our future. TOGETHER!"Change Begins With Hope!" Click To Tweet